How to get an Washington Contractors License

Washington General Contractors and specialty contractors must register with the State of Washington Professional Licensing Board. A general contractor can perform or supervise numerous building trades or crafts. A specialty contractor can perform one building trade or craft. No exams are required for a general or specialty contractor. Washington Electrical Contractors and Washington Plumbing Contractors must pass the trade examinations. All examinations require that you have a working grasp of the National Electrical Code, Washington laws and rules, and a basic level of theory knowledge. A Washington Electrical Contractor and a Washington Plumbing Contractor must be certified before a permit application can be filed.

Questions regarding General Contractor Licensing Requirements and processing times Contact A1 Contractor Services, LLC Today!!

How do changes in the Washington Contractors License Registration laws affect residential landlords?
Generally, residential landlords/property owners are exempt from the Contractor Registration laws unless they are buying and fixing up properties with the intent to sell them. A homeowner wants to fix up and rent out a house she has been living in for three years. Does she have to be a registered contractor? No.

A landlord evicts a tenant who damaged the rental property. This is the last straw for the landlord, who then decides to fix up and sell the property. Must he be a registered contractor? No, not if the property is a residential structure that he owned for more than 12 months. Exception: If the property is an apartment complex or other multi-unit structure and the landlord is going to fix up and sell the units as condominiums, then yes, contractor registration is required.

A1 Contractor Services, LLC will provide the following Washington State Contractor Services for licensure to bid work in the State of Washington:

  • Contractor license application processing
  • Master certification for Plumbers and Electricians.
  • Document filing
  • Corporate Registration
  • Resident agent service for out-of state contractor corporations.
  • License Renewals
  • 2008 National Electrical Code Book

If you need information regarding Washington Contractor Licensing Requirements and need professional consultation, contact us today! We’re an experienced Washington contractor assistance company with competitive pricing and will ease the stress of dealing with state agencies to get your Washington State Contractors License from the Washington Licensing Board.

Get a Contractors License the RIGHT WAY! Call Us (916) 394-1601